Monday, April 3, 2017
So you may be asking yourself "how do I know if I indeed need to have my roof repaired or replaced, or if I just need to have it cleaned?" Well you could always call roofing companies NYC and request an inspection. Most roofing contractors offer free inspections and can even assist you with getting your homeowner's insurance to cover most if not all of the cost if it is a result of some kind of hail or storm damage. If you are still not convinced you should call a roofing specialist here are nine warning signs that will let you know that you surely need to have your roof repaired or even replaced. Most of these signs can be seen from the ground and by looking in your attic if accessible. If you choose to get on the roof itself and inspect please use caution as the granules of the roofing shingles could be loose and cause you to slip and possibly fall. So BE CAREFUL!
1. Dark stained or dirty-looking areas on your roof. One of the most likely causes of any dark or stained looking areas on your roof is a result fungi or algae growth which in turn causes the roof to appear abnormally black or dirty in certain areas. This problem often occurs in warm, humid climates such as the southeastern part of the country. This can be a problem for your roof as the algae or mold starts eat away at the shingle base causing them to loosen and decay. If you spot any dark areas on your roof and are apprehensive of climbing on your roof to get a better look then contact a trusted roofing contractor to inspect your roof and determine if the stains are indeed algae growth and to what extent. It is better to address potential mold growth before it spreads to other parts of the roof making this headache and the potential hit to your wallet even worse than you thought it may be.
2. Shingle and sheathing deterioration. Deterioration of the shingles, or even worse the sheathing of a roof, can be caused by a number of factors; one of which is mentioned previously. Mold and algae can eat away at the organic base of shingles causing them to decay. If this problem goes on undetected and reaches the sheathing panels then it may be too late as the sheathing is the connection between the shingles and the rafters of the roof. If this connection is weak then it makes your roof even more vulnerable to loss during potentially high winds during storms can eventually compromise the integrity of your roof. If your roof appears to be sagging in areas it could be a sign of a much larger problem called roof rot which could lead to the possible collapse of your roof. By having a roofing professional inspect your roof you could be avoiding additional repair costs to not only your roof but to the interior of your home.
3. Missing, buckled, cracked or curled shingles. All of these signs are usually indications that they may be near the end of their useful life. Due in part to time and prolonged exposure to the different elements mother nature may throw at them, the shingles on your unfortunately will not last forever. In fact the useful life of your typical asphalt/fiberglass shingle is 20-25 years depending on where you live in the country and the quality of the shingle manufacturer among other factors. Over time the granules that add color to and protect the shingle material from UV rays begins to fall off exposing the material to the elements. Over time this exposure causes the shingles to crack or curl upwards at the edges. Sometimes this cracking can eventually lead to shingles breaking into pieces and flying off the roof or buckling during storms with really high winds.
4. Blistering and/or peeling of outside paint. This is one of the easiest warning signs to spot. But all too often this sign goes on ignored or attributed to something other than what is most likely causing the problem. This blistering or peeling of outside paint is usually the result of excessive moisture or high humidity due to poor ventilation especially in the attic. Inadequate ventilation results in hot air being trapped and built up in the attic. This excess heat can not only cook or in essence bake the roofing shingles but it also cause bubbling, blistering and peeling of the exterior paint around the gables and eaves and even the siding. Having properly working attic fans as well as bathroom exhausts are vital to avoiding this issue in your home and as it pertains to your roof.
5. Water marks on the ceilings and/or interior mildew growth. Not all of the signs of the need for possible roof repair or replacement can be seen from outside your home. Some signs are closer than you may realize until it is nearly too late. Yes we're talking about roof leaks. Leaks are usually difficult to detect until it is nearly too late, and just as hard to pinpoint their origin. Roofing leaks may be a result of insufficient underlayment or deteriorating flashing which can repaired inexpensively. On the other hand they may possibly be the result of a much larger and widespread problem that could end up costing you your next vacation or year end bonus if you don't watch out! Unfortunately the origin of a leak is usually hard to detect as the water may run down the rafters or a chimney, or even into the drywall of your ceiling where it can collect and build up. This build up and trapping of water and moisture can lead to not only mold problems but also eventual cracks and leaks in your ceiling as the water deteriorates the sheet rock. Now you have an even bigger problem. If you start to see signs of water marks on the ceiling you should immediately call a roofing professional to inspect the problem before gets any worse. Having regular home inspections once a year is a smart way avoid undetected repair issues with your roof and the rest of your home. Its always better to address any repair issues before they are compounded by the passing of time.
6. Excessive energy costs.. More and more homes today are being designed and built with energy efficiency in mind. From the building materials contractors use down to the appliances we choose for our homes, the green initiative is catching on with homeowners and builders alike. For those who live in homes older homes there are an abundance of light repair projects that can turn that older drafty home into a more modern model of efficiency. One important area of the house to look to for at first is your roof as it can provide you with good indicator if you are experiencing an increase in the cost heat and cool your home. If not properly ventilated warm air can build up in your attic causing your utility bills to rise excessively in the hot summer months when you are trying to keep the house cool, as well as in the winter when you and your family are trying to stay warm. A properly installed roof provides for ample ventilation and not having proper ventilation can lead to not only excessive energy costs but also premature roof failure. Often times what might be considered a small repair job can extend the life of your roof. Having a roofing specialist inspect the ventilation in your attic and roof can end up saving you lots of money down the road.
So now that you know these important warning signs to spot you can avoid the pain and hassle of dealing with a potentially much larger and costly project than you may have the stomach for. You don't have to sacrifice that down payment on a new car or that family vacation you were planning to take, but only if you act now before it is too late. Remember, most roofing contractors offer a free inspection so it costs you nothing to at least have your roof looked at for potential problems that can usually be repaired for less than you may think. Just make sure you do your homework and get quotes from several different candidates as well as references. Also check to make sure any potential candidate is properly licensed and bonded, and that they offer a warranty or guarantee. By being proactive and finding the right contractor for the job you can avoid bigger problems down the road.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
2016 was an eventful year to say the least. The presidential election in the U.S. brought in a new leader in Washington and with him a very different approach to government policy and business regulation. Donald Trump has already started to make his presence felt in the first week. If that is any indication 2017 will be an eventful year for small businesses for sure.
As a small business owner it behooves you keep an eye on the trends that will impact your business. Not only will it help you avoid getting into trouble, but also position your business for the future growth. So what trends do we expect to see in 2017? Here are the top 10 from my viewpoint.
More solution-specific businessesTargeting a more specific audience will put small businesses on the map. To compete with others on the market, niche businesses can reach greater success by solving a unique problem and providing a solution that addresses its roots.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
The Tudor Chronograph watch is part of the sports range in the Tudor watch lineup.
As many people will know the "Tudor" brand has been around since the 20's with the name "Tudor" stamped on the face. Shortly after the second world war the brand was re established in England with the heritage of the brand seen in the logo with the English "Tudor Rose" emblem. This was was changed in the mid 60's to a shield.
The brand is recognized as a "premium" watch brand throughout the world taking its place with other Swiss made watches in the lineup offered to celebrities and the well heeled wearers of quality watches. In fact, the primary target market for these watches, has always been the young, the confident and the dynamic. A category we all feel comfortable in, no matter what our age.
Vintage Tudor watches are readily available outside the US but no longer inside the US. The best place to buy one in America would probably be on eBay.com. Collectors often offer excellent examples of this model for resale. They hold their value well, with some of the earlier examples selling for many times their original sales price. Now is probably a good time to be looking as with the global recession these traditional stores of wealth are coming on the market as investors trim down their portfolio to remain liquid.
Travellers can pick up new versions of these excellent watches when overseas or online.
The Tudor Chronograph watch comes in many different forms. For example, the Oysterdate Chronograph, the Prince Chronograph, the Highly Technical "Hydronaut" model, waterproof to 1200 ft and the 2009 Grantour collection which are associated with Porsche Racing.
The Tudor Chronograph watches are increasingly becoming associated with motor racing. Including aerodynamic design, aggressive construction through accessible positioning of the controls, along with striking colors including such features as Orange hands and anodized bezels.
The new models are bigger too. 2mm has been added to the external dimensions bringing them to 42mm.
Strap options now include fabric inspired by fabric seat belts. Traditional stainless steel for longevity and durability is another option.
In summary, there's a lot to choose from in the Tudor Chronograph range. Take your time choosing the one for you. Its style and presentation should represent your preferences. Certainly, if you are a mariner or a racer, the professional image and brand identity will enhance the presentation to all those people you deal with.
Monday, March 20, 2017
Starting a business is a thrilling endeavor for every new business owners. Once all the paperwork is done, the business plan is set and the doors finally open, many breathe a sigh of relief. Knowledgeable business owners know that the real work in starting a new business is getting your first customers, though, and getting them to come back.
Direct-mail marketing is one of the fastest and most efficient ways to reach your intended audience. Brochures, sales letters and other materials mailed to your potential customers cuts out aspects such as ad servers and publications, allowing you to deliver your message exactly as planned. Before launching a direct-mail marketing campaign, make sure you have developed a suitable mailing list.
Online marketing, while not as effective as direct-mail marketing, can help you reach customers economically and without hassle. Beginning with your business website (yes, you need one) and then on down to search engine and content advertising, article marketing and e-mail marketing, online marketing has many tools you can use to your advantage. One warning: be wary of scams, as there are a lot of them that will pop out at you on the web. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is: If someone promises you 20 million website visitors for $30, the chances are you’re wasting your money, leading to invoice finance.
Friday, March 10, 2017
In business, the operating cost matters a lot. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you this, and you probably agonised over every single penny you spent in the infancy of your business. However, as the operation grows, and you have to worry about more and more factors, it becomes progressively harder to keep tabs on the amount of money you spend. Here, I’ve listed our best tips on reducing your costs as you scale your business.